We Care Hall Of Fame
The HALL OF FAME AWARD recognizes those who have made significant contributions to the growth and development of the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry.
2018 Winner – Frank Geier
Frank Geier has been passionately involved in the foodservice industry for over 30 years. He currently sits on the board of directors for Gordon Food Service North America, and was recently appointed to the advisory board for the Salvation Army British Columbia division.
Frank has served as a senior officer with Northland Properties Corporation of Vancouver, BC since 2015. He oversees the development, construction, and design of the Sandman and Sutton Place hotels, their multi-unit restaurant operations, and the Revelstoke Mountain Resort business.
Prior to joining Northland, Frank spent 25 years in foodservice distribution, with the last 12 at Gordon Food Service. As President of Canadian Operations, he was instrumental in growing the business into a national network serving customers coast to coast. His vision and leadership wove a string of independent companies into one unified and vertically integrated national company; today Gordon Food Service has annual sales of $15 billion and more than 18,000 employees.
Frank has been recognized by his peers for his work and community involvement. In 2014, Frank was inducted into the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame; in 2005, he received the John McCormick Award from the Canadian Association of Foodservice Professionals; and in 2003 was named one of Canada’s Top 40 under 40 for excellence in business, judgment, leadership, and community contribution.
Frank enjoys traveling, mountain biking, hiking, and spending time with his wife of 29 years, Connie. Frank is a proud father to his lovely young adult daughters Brittany and Mikayla, citing them as ‘by far’ his greatest accomplishment!
Friends of We Care would like to thank and congratulate Frank Geier on being the recipient of the 2018 Hall of Fame Award.
Past Winners of the We Care Hall of Fame Award:
- 2017 Mr. Paul Higgins Jr. & Mr. Michael Higgins
- 2016 Mr. Gary Seaman
- 2015 Mr. Murray Webb
- 2014 Mr. John Rothschild & Mr. Nick Perpick
- 2013 Mr. Michael McCain
- 2012 Mr. J. Aubrey MacMillan
- 2011 Mr. Vino Mistry
- 2010 Mr. Jack C. MacDonald
- 2009 Culinary, Hospitality and Tourism schools across Canada
- 2008 Mr. Reg Lambert (P)
- 2007 Mr. Joe Hudson
- 2006 Mr. Garry Knox
- 2005 Mr. Paul House
- 2004 Mr. Grey Sisson
- 2003 Mr. Hershel Goldhar, Mr. Jim Greenwood
- 2002 Mr. Michael Tamagi
- 2000 Mr. Peter McLaughlin
- 1999 Mr. Mitch Kostuch
- 1998 Mr. Paul Higgins Sr.
- 1997 Mr. Hal Gregory
- 1996 Mr. Malcolm Baxter, Mr. John Campbell
- 1995 Mr. Joe Flanagan (P)
- 1994 Mr. Norm Candelori, Mr. Mac Cuddy, Mr. David Llewellyn
- 1993 Mr. Wes Cheatley, Mr. Mike Driscoll
- 1992 Mr. Louis Fine, Mr. Jack Miller
- 1991 Mr. Bill Dover, Mr. Jim Pineo
- 1990 Mr. Ed Thatcher, Mr. Raoul Landry, Mr. Fred Bradley, Mr. Ted Hickeson(P)
- 1989 Mr. Bob Carmichael, Mr. Alex MacIntosh(P), Mr. Francois Malo
- 1988 Mr. Bill Tamagi, Mr. John Paul, Mr. Don Herron(P), Miss Ida Luck(P)
- 1987 Mr. Charlie Davies, Mr. Dick McWhirter