Corporate Friends of We Care Award
The CORPORATE FRIEND OF WE CARE AWARD is presented to a company for their commitment and support of Friends of We Care, in our efforts to assist in sending children with disabilities to Easter Seals summer camps.
2018 Winner – Smoke’s Poutinerie
Founded in 2009 by creative genius Ryan Smolkin, Smoke’s Poutinerie is the World’s Largest and Original Poutinerie. It’s a cool, unique, award-winning brand with a broad menu focusing exclusively on the Canadian classic dish – Poutine.
Smoke’s has become a big supporter of Friends of We Care in the last couple of years. A Smoke’s Poutine truck has made the trek to We Care Camp Day at Camps Woodeden and Merrywood for the last three summers to feed the campers, staff, and guests with poutine. Even bigger is the CEO Charity Eat Off Challenge at the annual World Poutine Eating Championship in Toronto. In its first two years, the challenge has raised $100,000 to send kids with disabilities to accessible summer camps.
Smoke’s Poutinerie is known for its 80’s Canadiana culture, signature lumberjack plaid, glam rock music, and its WOW-sized portions of fresh hand-cut fries, squeaky cheese curds, signature gravy, and limitless variations of mouth-watering toppings. With 150-plus locations in Canada, and 50 more open and in development in the United States, the brand is on course for “GLOBAL DOMINATION!”
Friends of We Care would like to thank and congratulate Smoke’s Poutinerie on being the recipient of the 2018 Corporate Friend Award.
Past Winners Corporate Friend of We Care Award:
- 2017 Mamma’s Pizza
- 2016 C.W. Shasky & Associates Ltd.
- 2015 Olymel L.P.
- 2014 Saputo Dairy Products (Canada)
- 2013 Procter and Gamble Professional
- 2012 International Pacific Sales
- 2011 Ecolab Co.
- 2010 Sysco Canada
- 2009 Cardinal Meat Specialists Ltd.
- 2008 Morgan Scott Partnership, A Bunzl Company
- 2007 GFS Canada
- 2006 Janes Family Foods Ltd.
- 2005 Labatt Breweries of Canada
- 2004 Foodservice & Hospitality magazine
- 2003 Cara Operations Limited &Dinecorp Hospitality Inc.
- 2002 Serca Foodservice
- 2001 Kraft Canada Inc
- 2000 LCBO
- 1999 Flanagan Foodservice
- 1998 ARAMARK Canada Ltd.
- 1997 Kelsey’s International