We Care Hall Of Fame
The HALL OF FAME AWARD recognizes those who have made significant contributions to the growth and development of the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry.
2017 Winner – Paul Higgins Jr. & Michael Higgins
Paul Higgins Jr. and Michael Higgins are Co-Chief Executive Officers of Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee Inc., one of the largest coffee and tea manufacturers in North America. They are the third generation of the Higgins family to successfully steer Mother Parkers’ growth and expansion.
Over 40 years ago, the brothers joined their father Paul Higgins Sr. in the company and learned all aspects of the business. Together, Paul and Michael have overseen the development and expansion of the Company’s brands, as well as the private label tea and coffee brands of many of North America’s largest grocery and restaurant chains. In recent years, they led and supported Mother Parkers’ introduction of the innovative RealCup® single-serve capsule and the EcoCup™ recyclable capsule. They have been recognized with numerous industry awards, including the Retail Council of Canada’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the Ontario Hostelry Institute Gold Award and the Canadian Hospitality and Foodservice Industry’s Pinnacle Award for Supplier of the Year.
Mother Parkers has been a long-time supporter of Friends of We Care, following in the footsteps of their father Paul Higgins Sr. who was the 1998 recipient of the Friends of We Care Hall of Fame Award. Paul and Michael have sponsored and participated in numerous We Care events over the years, including golf tournaments, hockey, bowling, and 3-pitch softball. They’ve also encouraged involvement from other Mother Parkers’ managers and employees, including Paul’s three children who are the fourth generation of Higgins to work in the business. A commitment to philanthropy and giving back has been a cornerstone of their careers.
Friends of We Care would like to thank and congratulate Paul Higgins Jr. and Michael Higgins on being the recipients of the 2017 Hall of Fame Award.
Past Winners of the We Care Hall of Fame Award:
- 2016 Mr. Gary Seaman
- 2015 Mr. Murray Webb
- 2014 Mr. John Rothschild & Mr. Nick Perpick
- 2013 Mr. Michael McCain
- 2012 Mr. J. Aubrey MacMillan
- 2011 Mr. Vino Mistry
- 2010 Mr. Jack C. MacDonald
- 2009 Culinary, Hospitality and Tourism schools across Canada
- 2008 Mr. Reg Lambert (P)
- 2007 Mr. Joe Hudson
- 2006 Mr. Garry Knox
- 2005 Mr. Paul House
- 2004 Mr. Grey Sisson
- 2003 Mr. Hershel Goldhar, Mr. Jim Greenwood
- 2002 Mr. Michael Tamagi
- 2000 Mr. Peter McLaughlin
- 1999 Mr. Mitch Kostuch
- 1998 Mr. Paul Higgins Sr.
- 1997 Mr. Hal Gregory
- 1996 Mr. Malcolm Baxter, Mr. John Campbell
- 1995 Mr. Joe Flanagan (P)
- 1994 Mr. Norm Candelori, Mr. Mac Cuddy, Mr. David Llewellyn
- 1993 Mr. Wes Cheatley, Mr. Mike Driscoll
- 1992 Mr. Louis Fine, Mr. Jack Miller
- 1991 Mr. Bill Dover, Mr. Jim Pineo
- 1990 Mr. Ed Thatcher, Mr. Raoul Landry, Mr. Fred Bradley, Mr. Ted Hickeson(P)
- 1989 Mr. Bob Carmichael, Mr. Alex MacIntosh(P), Mr. Francois Malo
- 1988 Mr. Bill Tamagi, Mr. John Paul, Mr. Don Herron(P), Miss Ida Luck(P)
- 1987 Mr. Charlie Davies, Mr. Dick McWhirter