We Care Dinner & Awards Gala
Location: The International Centre, Hall 1 – 6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Care to take a walk in the Enchanted Forest. We cordially invite you to journey with us and celebrate another successful year of sending kids with disabilities to summer camp.
Member Sponsors automatically receive a table of eight (8) and can purchase additional tickets as necessary. Non-members must purchase tickets.
Cost: $300/ticket for members, $450/ticket for non-members. Maximum 10 seats to a table; you must notify us if your table needs more than the standard 8 seats.
Register Please respond no later than April 7, 2017.
What to Expect
Attire: Business formal “Whimsical Wear” – You are welcome to come dressed in whatever way you interpret the “Enchanted Forest” theme!
Cocktail & Hors D’oeuvres Reception at 5:30PM
Dinner & Presentations at 7:00PM
ARRIVAL: “The Trailhead “
- Free valet service
- Pick up your gala passport (What’s a gala passport? How do I pre-purchase one?)
- Accessorize with blossoms! Pick up a flower hairpiece, corsage or boutonniere to complete your “Enchanted Forest” look (I’d like to pre-purchase an accessory)
RECEPTION: “Into the Woods”
- Grab our special welcome cocktail and explore the forest; discover all its magical and delicious parts, including a welcome drink and chef stations with wine or cider pairings (Cash bar also available. Pre-purchase a Gala Passport, which includes two drink tickets)
- Hundreds of amazing and unique silent auction items – use your smartphone to bid on items! (How do I bid with my smartphone?)
- Pick up a gift from the forest (just in time for Mother’s Day). Tea gift sets available for purchase; pick your own flavours – $20
THE MAIN EVENT: “The Clearing”
- Indulge in a gourmet dinner experience – NOTE: the meal includes venison, pork, and beef. Please let us know if you prefer a vegetarian meal or have any other dietary restrictions by Monday, April 24th.
- Awards and presentations
- For dessert, return to the woods for post-dinner offerings and entertainment. With a photo booth, games, live music, and food, you’ll wish this event never ends!
Skip the line and buy online. Purchase your Package Deal ahead of time which includes everything you need for the night. Limited quantities available. Purchase by May 1st, 2017.
Gala Passport: $50 (value of $60!)
- 2x Drink tickets
- 1x Pick-a-Prize voucher
- 1x Tea gift set
Donation Wishing Tree Station
Make a wish, write it on a leaf and add it to the tree! Each donation will get you a ballot to win two (2) Air Canada Tickets to anywhere they fly in North America and a We Care Flashing Heart pin.
Year after year, the Silent Auction features hundreds of unique items and generates an additional $50,000 for the cause.
STEP 2: Find the Friends of We Care Gala auction.
STEP 3: Flip through the digital catalogue of items and place your bids!
*You can set the app to alert you by text or push notifications if someone has out-bid you.
Don’t have a smartphone (iPhone or Android)? You can access the auction from a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet at home. Just head ONLINE HERE to find the Friends of We Care Dinner & Awards Gala auction. Register in advance and remember your Paddle Number! At the gala, a few tablets will be available so you can continue your bidding.
SPECIAL NOTE: For all those who anxiously await their chance to bid on prizes, we are opening the silent auction and making bidding available ONE WEEK in advance of the gala! Take a peek and start your bidding on Monday, May 1st!
A few highlights from this year’s auction:
- Laser Vision Eye Surgery (value $5400)
- Marriott Queen Mattress & Box Spring (value $2600)
- Manager Level Food Safety Training and Certification for 8 (value $1800)
- One-Night Stay in a Luxury Deluxe Room at The Ritz-Carlton Toronto with Breakfast in TOCA for 2 (value $750)
- Josh Donaldson autographed picture (value $400)
- Professional Family Studio Portrait Session and Canvas (value $1800)
DONATE A PRIZE
Help us raise more funds for the kids, donate an item or cash (which we’ll use to purchase an item on your behalf) to our silent auction. All donors will receive recognition during the event and a tax receipt can be granted for big-ticket items with proof of pricing.
Please contact Michelle Lee-Garbe for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re bringing back the ‘Pick-A-Prize’ dinner game. Just $20 gets you a prize valued at up to $100! Donating items to this prize is a great way to get your brands noticed. Prizes can be anything from products to gift cards – we’ll collect, package and wrap it up.
Please contact Tiana Rodrigue for more info: email@example.com.
Accessorize with Blossoms
Embrace the spirit of the forest! Visit the Blossom Boutique at the entrance of the event. We’ll have plenty of hair pieces, corsages, and boutonnieres to choose from, with 100% of the proceeds going to the kids. Each piece will be $20.
Quantities are limited and items are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tea Gift Sets
Take home your own memento of our enchanted event. Tea gift sets include two loose leaf teas, one blooming tea bulb, and a shared memory of summer camp from some very special Easter Seals kids. Buy one for yourself or as a gift (Mother’s Day is May 14th). Each set will be $20.
To become a sponsor or enquire further, contact:
Follow us, tag us and share this event!